Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because it’s “Time to Sale-A-Brate”! We’re showcasing our favorite new products from 2020 Sale-A-Bration brochure. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I am a big fan of Monet and when I saw the Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper in the 2020 Sale-a-Bration brochure I knew I had to have it. I meet monthly with a couple of Pals who live near me and we usually exchange little gifts we make. We are meeting this afternoon and this is what I’ll be bringing (Spoiler Alert: Lisa and Shari!):
I was inspired to make these Sharpie wraps by a video I saw online. But when I went in search of a tutorial, I couldn’t find one that matched what I thought I saw. So I went searching for a pen/pencil holder and found one that pretty much matched what I wanted. I did have to adjust it a little bit to fit Sharpies.
I chose a pattern from the Lily Impressions DSP with a smaller footprint that I think worked best with the size of the wraps. I used the cute Lookin’ Sharp cactus from the Witty-cisms stamp set from the 2020 Mini Catalog to make little tags I attached to each holder.
I made the flowers by punching out 1/2″ circles and cutting around them with my paper snips. I roughed them up a bit, added some matching enamel dots and attaching them to the cactus with glue dots.
If you would like to make Sharpie wrappers like these, you can find a video on YouTube by Papercraft Skies – Pencil/Chopstick Wraps. I adjusted her measurements slightly: Cut DSP to 8″ x 6″, then score at 2″, 4″ and 6″. Follow the rest of her instructions on how to assemble the wrappers. They are very easy.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 12th, for our Art From The Heart blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects made from the heart for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at Lucky Dog Stamper << YOU ARE HERE
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose